Saturday, March 26, 2011

Texas Burger at Japan



Been wanting to try their burger since I saw a friend in FB who posted pics of this burger joint. And so me, my hubby and, Jen went to Texas Burger today to have a taste of their burger, being a burger aficionado myself.
The place was just little, 10 seats only. The open kitchen slash counter was amusing. You get to see how the burgers our prepared by only 2 staff, one was the owner. The decors shows that the owner must be a Harley Davidson rider of some sort, someone who have lived in the US.
So we were famished, I did prepare myself for this huge burger as they say. I only ate one meal before having it. We ordered the set Texas burger special with potato fries and a cup of soda. And when it was served, gracious, it was big and tall. All a burger-lover can ever ask: crispy fresh lettuce, lean bacon, fried egg, onions, 100% beef burger patty, soft bun, and I think 3 kinds of special sauce that made the burger distinct. It was burger heaven. Me and Jen were thinking how to eat it, it touched my nose as I take a bite.Hubby finished in 10 mins. while we finished the burger in 20-30 minutes. The skin-on fries was good too, crispy. But I like ZheZtah's mojo fries better.
The chef-owner was friendly enough to talk to us. I noticed that there was a Mr. Sushi car plate hung on the wall. We thought he must have been a chef in the US. At first we were conversing in Japanese, but I told my hubby to ask if he knows how to speak English and he said "No problem" in an American accent. Whew! I had a hard time speaking in Nihongo, marunong naman pala mag-English. He was a military chef for 20 years in Guam, and have worked in several hotels in Australia, New Zealand, etc. Quite an amazing resume, an aspiring chef like me could relate to his stories and outlook in life. We even mentioned that we owned a burger joint too in the Philippines but I said it was not huge as his burger. But he said it's always nice to eat burgers that are big. One thing that struck me was when he said "As long as the customer is happy, I am happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment