Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kikay? So not me..


I am known to be that boyish type of girl, when others are known to be kikay and fasyuhn (fashion). Pano ba naman, being the only girl among the Zuzon's made me choose to be influenced by their hobbies that usually boys do. Taekwondo?Off-road?Scuba diving?Gun firing? I've done all those. Kulang na lang pati basketball. But, I am proud to have learned those. It made me what I am now, a fearless, confident, independent, and an empowered woman. Buti na lang I took it in a good way noh? Or else I would become tomboy.
And so while busy with those stuffs, I became a late bloomer when it comes to make-up and dressing up to look girly. I never had a single skirt in my closet during highschool. I only had jeans, and loose shirts, and rubber shoes. I only combed my hair, put lip balm, and cologne then I'm good to go. Kinawboy ba. Hehe. College? A little improvement, I put tinted blush on my cheeks para rosy cheeks kuno, wore tight fitting tops to look a bit sexy, wore flat sandals when I'm in the mood, but only bought skirts
for the prom or PE night. Only when needed.
But lately, I have been buying skirts and sun dresses and wore it occasionally. It came as a surprise for me when one day, I woke up, and I told myself, I want to learn make-up. A whole lotta BIG change for me.
I just realized how behind I am from my highschool classmates who can make their selves look good. I also realized, that we have to look good para di mag mukhang matanda. Hehe. I don't know, but I am not the only one my age who problems about getting dark spots, wrinkles, and pekas when we get older. Ayaw namin maging losyang!!
So it was just 2 years ago when I started to get serious on my sunblock routine every morning, because I only wore sunblock dati when I swim or dive. And it was only last year that I got serious on putting on moisturizer, when I really needed to because of the winter season here in Japan. But one thing I have been doing since highschool was the use of body lotion. And it paid off. My skin is still soft until now, kahit na di flawless. I also don't want to be flawless, I just want clear skin without pimples. I also remember my late Grandma Lala who never fails to put on body lotion and facial moisturizer every night. She still have supple skin until the age of 70.
When everybody's ranting about wanting to get white, not me. I love the outdoors so much that wanting to get white is only a waste of money and time, I'd still get dark anyway because of being exposed to the sun while swimming or diving. Bahala na baluga.

At this moment, I have been buying make-up. I even bought a 96 color eye shadow palette, but that is for the photo shoots me and my hubby will be doing. I have been practicing to do make-up on myself. The outcome is quite good. I also bought BB cream, the latest fad nowadays. So not me.
Well, for all that I have been up to these days, I realized, it's never too late to do the things you have never tried before. It's always fun to try things first time. Oh, as long as it's not drugs. Explore stuffs that did not interest you way back. It's all about not being hesitated, and the love to venture into different aspects that will make life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment