Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dream Cookware - Calphalon

Since I got to love cooking, next to baking that is, I tried to buy quality untensils and cookware such as a Zwilling knife, Tefal pan, and a pricey Calphalon pan . Being a pioneer in the hotel and restaurant business, I asked my Tito Alex what is the best cookware and he answered Calphalon. And so my wish of having a Calphalon set began. When I checked the price in the stores, well, it was way above budget. So I bought only one for starters. A sauce pan. Using my first Calphalon pan, I learned that it heats quickly, and when it's hot, the temperature becomes steady. Mine i
s a non-stick, so cooking and washing it is a breeze.




Despite it being a bit expensive, it will definitely last for a long long time, and maybe a good hand-me-down and "pamana" as it also has a lifetime warranty. I have my sauce pan for 2 years now, and it still has no scrapes. Well, maybe depending on its use. But I have no regrets buying it at all. It will last a lifetime. Really durable. What's more interesting is that I can use it in the oven. It is oven safe up to 500 deg F.
And so last week I found a 2-piece pan with a free thong at a store which only cost 7,000 Yen, I hesitated at first because we still had a Tefal pan and a brandless cheap pan. But when I saw my other pan with the teflon scraping off, I told hubby that we really should buy that Calphalon set. It is a steal!! It was on sale from 19,000 yen to 7,000 yen, a limited time offer as the ad says. Why the heck did i hesitate? Having 3 Calphalon cookwares on hand, my passion for cooking will grow even stronger, and the foods that I will cook will be more delicious. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment