Friday, July 9, 2010

Love is love..

I have nothing much in mind to write about tonight.. But let me share my love-hurt experiences wayback since i overheard someone from work who just broke up with his boyfriend (chismax).

LOVE, is such a big word. And means differently for every human being. There's also different kinds of love as taught in our theology class. To name a few, parental, filial, romantic. I hope i'm not mistaken. Anyway, looking back at those times when i used to feel like it's the end of the world when i did not get the chance to talk to the one i loved before, makes me laugh about it today. During my highschool days, having a boyfriend for a girl who studies in an all-girl school, is a must. Or rather, a wish of any of my schoolmates. But not unless you are one of those girls having crushes on tomboys, which became normal in our school wayback. Well, i was one of those well-wishers wishing for a boyfriend of my own.
Even if my dad did not allow me to, i allowed myself to have one. Because i did it for love. A love which was "Big" for me at that time, despite the fact that i did not know what true love meant. All i knew then was that i was "in love". And during that state of mind, it inspired me to do well in school and it crafted my literary side. I made countless poems about it.
I still went into relationships even if my dad was mad about it. Because i promised my self that i would graduate from college with no failing grades. And i promised him i would not get preggy while still studying. All for love because i was too busy looking for love, for someone to love me as much as i love. I loved even if i was not loved back. I was hurt, but i still moved on. I cried a couple of times. But memories of it washed away along with the tears. But i did not become bitter. I loved and never stopped to give love and it made me stronger. And when my heart breaks, my family would tell me, there are a lot of guys out there better than it. And I say what my parents say about it was true. Their opinions mattered. If they do not like it, it's because it is not right for me. They have their instincts, which was damn right.
The only regret i made all throughout my lovapaloozathingy was that, i was too impatient in waiting for it. I cried precious tears for it. And thinking of it is so funny now. Realizing, it was only puppy love. It was just small when all the while i thought it was a one big first love. Kept searching when I just have to wait for Him to appear. As if it was like, boom! and there he was unexpectedly. Just when i thought of ending my search for mr. right, he appeared at no particular time, but just the perfect time to fall in deep love. I knew he was right, my family had no negativity in dealing with him. I could have listened to my parents way back, but then i would never learn how important it is to love if i have not gone through heartaches. But when the perfect one comes, it is as if everything is in harmony, as if the stars were aligned for the both of us, and nothing comes in between. Time is of no importance. It does not matter how quick or how long i have known him. He is an answered prayer. He is everything about love. He is my one big and only love. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment